Works on the area between your belly button and hips. The muscles and nerves in this area help control the bladder and bowel, support organs, and enable enjoyable, pain-free sex.
- Urine leakage or “overactive” bladder
- Pelvic pain or pain during sexual intercourse
- Difficulty making bowel movements
Therapy may include:
- Exercise to strengthen muscles
- Stretching or massage for tight and painful muscles
- Bladder retraining to help the bladder hold larger amounts for longer periods of time
Contrary to popular belief, pelvic floor problems are not normal after childbirth or with aging.